Tomorrow is the big day - going in for a scheduled C section with the quadruplets at 34 weeks.
Considering that the average gestation for quadruplets is 28 weeks and I was hoping and praying to at least get past 30 weeks, I am ecstatic to have reached 34 weeks with no bed rest, no hospitalizations and so far no complications.
We went for a final full growth ultrasound check today, and here's how the babies are shaping up at 34 weeks:
- Baby A: 4 lbs, 0 oz
- Baby B: 3 lbs, 3 oz
- Baby C: 3 lbs, 6 oz
- Baby D: 3 lbs, 10 oz
I'm interested to see how the projected weights stack up against their actual weights tomorrow. Oh, and to meet these beautiful babies, learn what their genders are and finally not be massively pregnant anymore.
Here are my final stats:
- Going for a C section with quadruplets at 34 weeks
- Weight: 201 lbs - gained 61 lbs
- Waist circumference: 47 1/2 inches
Based on the placement of where the 4 babies are located, over the past 8 months I've developed a few theories about their personalities. I want to get my thoughts in writing so I can compare to their actual personalities once we meet the babies:
- Baby A - has been crushed in the lower part of my pelvis the whole pregnancy. I feel bad for this kid every time I sit down because I feel like I'm sitting on its head. I think he or she will be a fighter because it has probably not been very pleasant in there being lodged in my pelvic bone for 3/4 of a year.
- Baby B - this is the most active baby which kicks me constantly in the breastbone even when everyone else is quiet. I think this one will be hyperactive and always on the move judging by its fetal activity.
- Baby C & D - these two have been laying on top of each other the whole pregnancy and have made it difficult for the sonographer to identify which one is which. They're relatively quiet activity-wise but I think these 2 will be buddies and stick together on the outside too.
That's it. Looking forward to tomorrow & finally meeting these babies!